Powered By Blogger

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Parting Poem

As the parting time creeps nearer and nearer
I take a look around.
To the familiar smell of cinnamon spice candles,
And to my mothers home made cooking.
As it will soon be replaced by mac & cheese and take out.

To the familiar sight of my cozy room,
Filled to the ceiling with pictures and memories.
As it will soon be replaced by a bunk bed and a shared bathroom.

To the familiar warm welcome as I walk through the door,
Hugs from my parents and a wet kiss from my dog.
As it will soon be replaced by a new greeting
from a new room mate.

As I look upon these memories and smile,
I am just as anxious to create new ones.
A blank new chapter is about to begin
And as the parting time creeps nearer and nearer,
I am becoming more and more ready to say good bye.

1 comment: